Normally, we can rename the list or document library in Sharepoint CMS but from the admin panel we canâ€™t change the url. Renaming the list doesnâ€™t confirm that the corresponding url is also changed, the url will remain same. The easier way is to copy this list template and create a new list with it, then delete old one. But there is a problem, modified date will be changed in this procedure. Also converting such files into template is not possible, unfortunately. In that case you have to upload all the files again in the new document library.
We have another way.
- Open the site in sharepoint designer.
- Browse to the list.
- You will see a folder named to the list that are available in that site.
- Just rename this folder, thatâ€™s it. Your list URL is changed.
- But it doenâ€™t confirm that the list name is also changed, you have to rename the list through CMS.
When we need to move a large list to another sharepoint site, it is really boring to create a new one. So we can copy this list template and upload it to the new site where we need it.
Follow the instruction to do it?
- Go to Site Actions => View all site content
- Go to old list
- Go to List settings: Settings => List Settings
- Under PermissionÂ and Management click â€œSave list as templateâ€
- Give name, title and description
- Press OK.
- Go to list template gallery where you can see all available list templates
Now you have to upload this template into your new site.
- Go to Site Actions => Site Settings => Modify All Site Settings (Where you want to upload this list template)
- Under Gallery title click on List Templates
- Upload the template here. Give name, title and description.
Now it is available in your custom list templates.
- Site Actions => View all site content
- Custom list => Your given name for the copied list template
- Give Name, title and description
Youâ€™re done. Cheers!
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function id() on array in /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highlighter/crayon_formatter.class.php:36
#0 /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highlighter/crayon_formatter.class.php(538): CrayonFormatter::format_code('', Array, Object(CrayonHighlighter))
#1 [internal function]: CrayonFormatter::delim_to_internal(Array)
#2 /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highlighter/crayon_formatter.class.php(516): preg_replace_callback('#()#msi', 'CrayonFormatter...', 'function pngFix...')
#3 /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highlighter/crayon_highlighter.class.php(166): CrayonFormatter::format_mixed_code('function pngFix...', Object(CrayonLang), Object(CrayonHighlighter))
#4 /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highlighter/crayon_highlighter.class.php(186): CrayonHighlighter->process()
#5 /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highligh in /home/bappidgr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crayon-syntax-highlighter/crayon_formatter.class.php on line 36