How to copy a list using list template in sharepoint?
When we need to move a large list to another sharepoint site, it is really boring to create a new one. So we can copy this list template and upload it to the new site where we need it.
Follow the instruction to do it?
- Go to Site Actions => View all site content
- Go to old list
- Go to List settings: Settings => List Settings
- Under PermissionÂ and Management click â€œSave list as templateâ€
- Give name, title and description
- Press OK.
- Go to list template gallery where you can see all available list templates
Now you have to upload this template into your new site.
- Go to Site Actions => Site Settings => Modify All Site Settings (Where you want to upload this list template)
- Under Gallery title click on List Templates
- Upload the template here. Give name, title and description.
Now it is available in your custom list templates.
- Site Actions => View all site content
- Custom list => Your given name for the copied list template
- Give Name, title and description
Youâ€™re done. Cheers!